animals spawn mechanics

Hello,
    What is the mechanics of the animals spawn? Once you tamed an animal at a location it never spawns back? I have been checking three locations with animals for three days. I am either really unlucky or don't understand something in the basic mechanics of this server. There is no info on cataclysm wiki.

Or what is the spawn rate of horses/llamas/orns let's say? Maybe I don't wait enough.

Cheers

Hey drdoctor, sorry for the delayed reply. Animals such as horses llamas and orns do respawn. Animals typically have a very large area in which they spawn, but they spawn in the same general large areas. You may have to search farther than you think to find it respawned again. They also won't necessarily always spawn the same animals every time, some locations have a series of animals that have a chance of spawning. If they aren't actively spawning, they may again when more animals in the area are tamed or killed.

Hope this helps, welcome to the forums.

Best regards,
    Tantrik Dragon
    -==(UDIC)==-
    Administrator / Developer
    Ultima Online Cataclysm
    tantrik@cataclysmuo.com

Interesting... So saying, I found a location with an orn, tamed it and left. After a while I come back and found that there is a horse instead. Does it mean that in order to launch another spawning cycle I need to tame/kill the horse?
    Another question, the taming and the killing an animal are the same for the spawning mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by drdoctor View Post
    Another question, the taming and the killing an animal are the same for the spawning mechanics?
    Yes, they are.

Quote Originally Posted by drdoctor View Post
    Interesting... So saying, I found a location with an orn, tamed it and left. After a while I come back and found that there is a horse instead. Does it mean that in order to launch another spawning cycle I need to tame/kill the horse?
    As long as something is tamed or dies on that particular spawner, it will have a chance to spawn something else. There are also dedicated mount spawns that are not dynamic.
    Tantrik Dragon
    -==(UDIC)==-
    Administrator / Developer
    Ultima Online Cataclysm
    tantrik@cataclysmuo.com