Need a duel pits!!!

I think the server needs a duel pits... Like a few different choices, maybe one full loot, maybe one 5k, 10k, 25k, 100k etc... This would make the shard alot better... Ive been sitting back and waiting for one of these for awhile as for some of us do not have the time for tournies and such... like to be able to get on and duel a few times and log back out...
    UO Shards played in the Past!

TAR - (The Altered Realm)
    NOS - (Novus Opiate)
    AOM- (Age Of Mondain)
    XUO - (Xtreme Ultima Online)
    IN1 - (Imagine Nation)
    IN2 - (Imagine Nation 2)
    INX - (Imagine Nation/XUO)
    The Abyss UO

I suggested this very thing... Taking the duel pits just outside of delucia and turning them into a safe zone with walls, using stones to have bets & loot duels, would be fun to use some moonrock or other tourny gears outside of a tournament without fear of getting ganked in the wild ...

Word around the campfire is the staff thinks "it'll take away from pvp" which is utter ridiculous because every thriving pvp shard I've ever been on had one and it also helps people less experienced get their feet wet so they feel more comfortable in the wild dueling 2v1 etc... Whatever...

This is where I suggested it... http://forums.cataclysmuo.com/showth...from-safe-zone

This would absolutely ruin the server. All is does it provide a safety net for players who aren't game enough to pvp out in the world. If you want to safely pvp, there are tournaments. Otherwise, man up and challenge someone to a duel and get better like everyone else (with the risk of losing items) - play UO the way it was designed to be played.

I'll never forget playing XUO - great pvp but the duel pits completely ruined the server - no one ever left the duel pits and open world pvp was gone. What is the point of playing UO if you don't play it for what it is?

p.s. There are plenty of duel pits already available to be used - so why is this a problem? I thought there was even a duel pits in a guarded town somewhere? you just want to be in a safe zone while in duel pits? talk about carebear!

For real, grow a pair and challenge someone to open world pvp OR to the duel pits in town / Delucia or Covetous. Plenty of options if you don't like open world pvp. If you want to be 100% safe (which I don't understand?) - wait for tournaments which are daily at the moment.

I'm 100% against this idea.

LiquiD

I have to disagree with you 100%, XUO had thriving pvp and I played right up until the day they closed down. The difference is, there isn't a safe area to 1v1 someone without getting ganked 2v1/3v1. Or having 2-3 people randomly show up while you are dueling, it creates a toxic environment where you get people not even wanting to duel or play because some idiot shows up at your doorstep, gets a lucky flame strike while people are dueling unmounted and says "HAHA NOOBS." Not to mention how popular the betting duel stone was, there were always people dueling for 50k/100k, you could live entirely off of your dueling skills. Duels have honor, there is no honor in 2v1ing someone who wanted to fight fairly or then having someone else come interfere with your duel because your 'greed' is showing and you just wanted his reactive armor suit.

There was actually plenty of open world pvp in xuo, from the wind court yard, brit gy, destard was full of life so was deceit. Tons of battles in occlo, 5v3's etc. It was never a dull moment if you were looking for pvp.
    The idea that duel pits would take away from that is ridiculous, that's implying there is no reason to go out in the open world.

I'd also like to point how moot that point is of 'people never leaving safe zone', there's people afking at brit/safe zone right now that probably haven't left in months.
    Last edited by Unknown; 05-05-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
    I have to disagree with you 100%, XUO had thriving pvp and I played right up until the day they closed down. The difference is, there isn't a safe area to 1v1 someone without getting ganked 2v1/3v1. Or having 2-3 people randomly show up while you are dueling, it creates a toxic environment where you get people not even wanting to duel or play because some idiot shows up at your doorstep, gets a lucky flame strike while people are dueling unmounted and says "HAHA NOOBS." Not to mention how popular the betting duel stone was, there were always people dueling for 50k/100k, you could live entirely off of your dueling skills. Duels have honor, there is no honor in 2v1ing someone who wanted to fight fairly or then having someone else come interfere with your duel because your 'greed' is showing and you just wanted his reactive armor suit.

There was actually plenty of open world pvp in xuo, from the wind court yard, brit gy, destard was full of life so was deceit. Tons of battles in occlo, 5v3's etc. It was never a dull moment if you were looking for pvp.
    The idea that duel pits would take away from that is ridiculous, that's implying there is no reason to go out in the open world.

I'd also like to point how moot that point is of 'people never leaving safe zone', there's people afking at brit/safe zone right now that probably haven't left in months.
    You didn't really address my points other than XUO. I played XUO and i remember very little open world pvp but then again, we can agree to disagree. As mentioned in my post, there are duel pits already in existence, why not use them if you would like to duel people? People duel all the time on the server (whether its in open world or duel pits) without being ganked so I disagree. Even me, one of the most hated people on the server, can arrange a duel without being ganked (and believe me, most people would want to gank the crap out of me at every opportunity). Again, as mentioned, I recall there being a duel pit in britain or another guarded town on CUO, so why not use it if you're concerned with being ganked and want to have friendly duels with other concerned players?

Everything is available for you to achieve the same enjoyment and get better without having duel pits in safe zones.

If you're STILL concerned with getting ganked or not having opportunities to learn pvp (even though the natural progression is part of Ultima Online), join a guild and get yourself some friends who can help you when required.

Again, the feeling of uncertainty.. that is all part of the game that was designed and as it was intended to be played. Yes, you can have some of the raw parts taken away (like duel pits in towns for new players) but removing the emotion completely (with duel pits in safe zones), you lose the feeling that made UO what it is. I don't understand why someone would want to take this away?

Just to be clear, I have never hunted (unless it was for a chest) and I'm still one of the richest players on the server. I didn't need to have duel pits for 50k/100k to achieve this. I learnt the pvp, have a strong guild/friends and off I went..

I'll repeat what I said because I think it's required.. Grow a pair... If you're soo concerned with loosing items, stock up, wear mediocre armor and weps until you feel confident enough to upgrade when dueling.. You don't need to wear reactive armor to duel. I see people dueling with average armor all the time and still manage to kill people.. Skills pays the bills in UO, not items..

In relation to people afk in safe zone and brit, a lot of them stay online to help the server with the status and play when they can.. Don't see why this plays a part in your argument?....
    Last edited by Hazar1n0; 05-10-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Who can support me at this game? I like william hill c30 but I want to try also something new.