My suggestion is: Archery should be reviewed immediately

First of all, I want to make it clear that I really like Cataclysm Shard and the Staff team that takes care of him very well. What is written below is just a suggestion:

When we enter the Cataclysm website, we can read the phrase "UOCataclysm Shard is a perfect blend of the best of Sphere 51a". But I think the Archery skill has been forgotten. Nobody uses bows to kill monsters or pvp. I played on Sphere 51a for 10 years (1998-2008). The last Shard I played was ImagineNation. Then, I stoped for 12 years and I came back now, just because the situation of Covid-19. I remember very well that in Sphere 51a Archery was used a lot, both in pvp and pvm. The elven bow, was one of the strongest bows in the game. I also believe that the speed of the Elven bow is slow. I tested it. The elven bow at 51a is very fast. It takes damage at the same speed as a dagger takes from someone who is without armor. I think the speed of normal bows is also very slow. Finally, I think weapons like of might (+3), of force (+5), of power (+7), and of vanquishing (+9), should be stronger than they are now. At the time when I started playing OU, some Shards over-invented many weapons, and it seemed that in those Shards, there were no weapons of vanquishing, of power, etc. But in my opinion, the best Shards know how to value what has come in the original script of the ultima online, and I really admire that.
    I want to express my thanks to the entire Stafff team. Thank you for creating and caring for Cataclysm Shard. For me he is the best current Shard that looks like Sphere 51a in other things.

I agree with you on the vanqs, specifically supremely accurate bardiches of vanq feel very weak against 70+ armor. However, the archery I kind of disagree with and its because if you use 120 dex, its really cheap and dirty. I've tested this myself a few times for fun, using sup-vanq bows and once you get them playing defense they generally won't beable to survive very long. If you want to see for yourself (or I can show you), try 120 dex + agi pots, take it a step further and use the +5 dex ring with some tactics clothing and the archery armor, its brutal. Getting up to 145 dex with 150 tactics is insanely strong and also that archery armor gives people a chance to double attack PVM, people DO use that or did in the past to PVM, it's just there are very few pvmers left and even less of a reason to go hunting balrons once you get a clothing blessed deed for the 100th time.

Also, I know they nerfed both crossbows like 2 - 2 1/2 years ago for some of these reasons.

I would like this shard to be reformulated some basic things in PvP, in Brazil we have a lot of PvP Players and active players, all with pvp with spells disturb, there is no pvp 51 without disturb. If you make Cataclysm available to me, I would be willing to do a Reset and host it with website as an official server here in Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by LobisomeM View Post
    I would like this shard to be reformulated some basic things in PvP, in Brazil we have a lot of PvP Players and active players, all with pvp with spells disturb, there is no pvp 51 without disturb. If you make Cataclysm available to me, I would be willing to do a Reset and host it with website as an official server here in Brazil
    Sure, send me your email and I'll send the code right over as well as hosting instructions.
    Klysmos
    Administrator / Developer
    Ultima Online Cataclysm
    klysmos@cataclysmuo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Klysmos View Post
    Sure, send me your email and I'll send the code right over as well as hosting instructions.
    mindblast.surfskate@hotmail.com